4 hrs 15 mins
I was surprised to see so many "crock pot" recipes out there that call for soup mixes and other processed ingredients. What ever happened to a good old fashioned slow cooked roast!? Here's my contribution. Onions are essential as they basically create a stock/gravy which is used to flavour the meat and the liquid can be reduced to create a delicious jus or gravy to serve over the meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Reserve 1 unchopped rosemary sprig and several garlic cloves. (You will use this garlic and rosemary to poke into the meat to add extra flavour).
- 2Put all other ingredients except the meat in the slow cooker on high. Put lid on to allow mixture to warm in the slow cooker.
- 3Meanwhile, braise the meat on all sides in a separate frying pan using a spoonful of oil, until meat is lightly browned. This step is designed to seal in the juices as topside meat is usually quite dry. Braising should take around 5 minutes.
- 4Once braised, gently set meat on top of onion mixture in slow cooker.
- 5Poke reserved garlic and rosemary into folds in meat and leave to cook.
- 6Roast 4-5 hours on high until meat is tender and falling apart. Cook time wil depend on size of roast.
- 7Serve with your favourite roasted vegetables.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Roast Beef (Slow Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: