Recipe by Ginny Sue
I make this cheese spread often to use up herbs from the garden. This tastes just like the gourmet cheese spreads in the market. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
Top Review by ClareVH
I brought this to a Mother's Day picnic, and served it with sliced, toasted mini-bagels. Personally, I think it tastes *better* than store-bought. I improvised a little, because I did not have any dill seed. Instead I added about 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh dill weed. I also added a teeny tiny bit of green onion (just the white part of one skinny little onion). I think any more would have overpowered the herbs. Don't omit the caraway seed-it adds a mysterious and subtle flavor to the dish.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dill seeds
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or finely minced