Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 4 (5 1/2 ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 oranges or 2 lemons or 2 limes (I sliced, 1 zest and juice only)
- 20 fresh sage or 20 basil or 20 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Mince a few herb leaves for butter sauce and set aside.
- Cut two deep bias cut slits across the width of each fillet.
- Stuff each slit with a citrus slice and herbs.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine butter, garlic, citrus zest, juice and minced herbs in a small pan over high heat, and boil for 1 minute.
- Pour the butter sauce over fillets in a baking dish.
- Bake for eight to 12 minutes depending on thickness.
I had intended to BBQ my salmon, but rain caused a change in plans & found this recipe to try instead. It included some of my favorite flavors & was a very nice salmon preparation. It was easy to put together & the results were very tasty. As did the other reviewer, I used mint & lime & reduced the amount of butter by half. It was still enough to give a rich flavor to the salmon.
we were not sure if we would like this, but i decided to go ahead since i needed to use up some mint before it wilted. we were pleasantly surprised that it went so well with the salmon. i chose limes and mint leaves (used 50% less fat butter) - the flavors were subtle but very tangible. a lovely, refreshing version of salmon.