Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
"These yummy muffins are packed full of goodies, including chocolate chips and apricots."
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1⁄3 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon. Add the carrots, apricotts, sunflower kernels, coconut and chocolate chips. Stir in the banana. Bea eggs, oil, and vanilla; stir into carrot mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375 for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks.
These muffins are terrific. I used regular-sized muffin tins and the yield was 22 muffins. The only thing I would do differently is to add nuts for some crunch.
These are very tasty. Next time I will omit the chocolate chips (thought they overpowered the flavors) and subsitute applesauce for the oil. I thought they were a little greasy. I also added a few golden raisins. The kids loved these for breakfast. Thanks for posting!