Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
A quick, low calorie snack for when you get the munchies for something sweet. Makes a great start to the day, too!
- Spread the butter on the bread (you have to spread it rather thin, but you don't really need much to make it good)
- Sprinkle on as much cinnamon as you like.
- Sprinkle the sugar evenly all over the bread slice.
- (Again, you may feel that it's being spread rather thin, but I find that all it needs is a little)
- Put in a toaster oven until nicely toasted, and enjoy!
Our family has been making this forever. We now use Benecol spread on the bread, topped with a litte brown sugar which is pressed into the spread and sprinkled over with the desired amout of cinnamon. We broil on low until we like the texture of the toast. We love this treat with a glass of milk or hot cup of coffee. Thanks for sharing this wonderful little gem with others.
Made this as a quick breakfast for my toddler... he loved it! :) Thanks for a easy & yummy idea!
As a cinnamon-lover, it wasn't hard for me to like this recipe! I used Smart Squeeze for the "butter," but I don't really think it was necessary... it would have been equally good without it. I used Splenda and a pinch of cinnamon per slice. I toasted the bread first, then intended to turn it over and put the cinnamon and Splenda on the other side so that both sides would be toasted, but I forgot to turn it over, so I toasted the same side twice. It was still great, though! We'll be making this again. Thanks for posting!