Recipe by Chipicha
A quick, low calorie snack for when you get the munchies for something sweet. Makes a great start to the day, too!
Top Review by Mountainbaby
Our family has been making this forever. We now use Benecol spread on the bread, topped with a litte brown sugar which is pressed into the spread and sprinkled over with the desired amout of cinnamon. We broil on low until we like the texture of the toast. We love this treat with a glass of milk or hot cup of coffee. Thanks for sharing this wonderful little gem with others.
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 1⁄2 teaspoon light margarine (I prefer I Can't Believe It's Not Butter)
- cinnamon, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread the butter on the bread (you have to spread it rather thin, but you don't really need much to make it good)
- Sprinkle on as much cinnamon as you like.
- Sprinkle the sugar evenly all over the bread slice.
- (Again, you may feel that it's being spread rather thin, but I find that all it needs is a little)
- Put in a toaster oven until nicely toasted, and enjoy!