Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
South Beach Diet phase III Stuff with... ricotta mixed with syrup or other flavoring neufchatal or low-fat cream cheese with splenda and cinnamon sugar-free jelly and/or cream cheese sugar-free ice cream toppings
- 1⁄3 cup kamut flour
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour or 2 tablespoons whole grain pastry flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup tsps water
- 1 -2 teaspoon water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons transfat-free margarine
- sugar substitute
- In large bowl, combine flours and salt.
- In small bowl, whisk together apple juice, 1/2 c water, egg, and 2 tsp of margarine. Whisk into flour mixture until smooth batter.
- Melt 1 tsp of remaining margarine in 8" nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour 3 Tbs of batter into skillet and tilt to coat the bottom with thin layer of batter. (If too thick, add 1-2 Tbs water).
- Cook the first side for 1 min or until lightly browned. Turn and cook the second side for 30-60 seconds. Slide crepe onto plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Continue making crepes in same fashion, adding the last teaspoon of margarine to pan after making the second crepe.