Recipe by lauralie41
A recipe from Tablespoon.com that makes a healthier version of hot chocolate. 50% fewer calories, 77% less fat and 20% more calcium than the original recipe.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Excellent Hot Chocolate Lauralie. I enjoyed it so much. I used 1% milk and dairy milk chips. So yummy, I did garnish mine with whipped cream. Thanks for sharing Lauralie, I will be making this decadent treat again. :)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk (skim)
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 1/2 oz)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the sugar and cocoa in a 2-quart saucepan. Stir in the skim milk and half and half until well blended and cook until heated. Do not bring to a boil. Remove pan from heat.
- Whisk in chocolate chips and stir until chips are melted and the milk mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla and pour into 4 mugs to serve.