Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Makes the usually bland ground turkey breast very tasty. I think I got this from a Taste of Home publication -- it originally called for regular ground turkey, but I use ground turkey breast to make it lower in calories and fat.
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup of the juice and set the pineapple aside.
- In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, onions, red pepper, soy sauce, salt, and pineapple juice.
- Crumble the turkey over the mixture and mix well, but do not overmix.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Brush with teriyaki sauce.
- Grill 4-6 minutes longer on each side or until meat is no longer pink.
- Grill pineapple slices for 2 minutes on each side, basting with teriyaki sauce.
- Serve on buns and top each burger with a pineapple slice.
What can I say? DELISH ! Ive actually made these several times but forgot to rate. I follow the receipe exactly and its yummy every time. Even my picky eater loves this.
I made these for Bunco last night and everyone wanted the recipe. The only changes I made are that I used fresh pineapple and instead of basting with teriyaki sauce I used Fischer & Wieser's Mango Ginger Habanero Sauce.
Very good! I used yellow peppers instead of red and ground chicken instead of turkey. I really liked the grilled pineapple served with each burger instead of the usual tomato. Will make again.