- Preheat oven to 190C Peel potatoes and slice in half lengthways.
- Using a small sharp knife, make cuts 1/4 inch apart from top almost to bottom, across all of potato.
- (be careful not to slice right through) Mix butter and oil together and brush potatoes liberally with it.
- Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until tender.
The potatoes were just ok.
I really liked the way these potatoes looked when I took them out of the oven. They were beautifully browned and crispy on the bottom. They were also tasty but I think I need to tweak the seasonings, maybe add some garlic salt, to get them to my family's taste. I laid chopsticks on either side of the potato halves to keep from slicing all the way through and I baked these in a non-stick, 9 x 13 pan.
Great potatoes. I also do they with a little basil, drizzel them with breafdcrumbs mixed with parmesan cheese. Very good