Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this online when I was looking for a "lazy" day recipe for when I wanted to make beff stroganoff without all the work. This is pretty simple but it still has that comfort food stroganoff taste. The family likes it too. You could use any pasta you like but the bow tie pasta goes well with it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Lipton beefy onion soup mix, from a two envelope box
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 16 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup grated onion
- 6 white button mushrooms, sliced
- In a large skillet that has a lid, brown ground beef, onion and mushrooms. Drain.
- Add onion soup mix, water and mushroom soup mixing well. Bring to boil.
- Add the bow tie pasta and bring back to boil.
- Reduce heat to med. high and cover.
- Cook 5 minutes covered.
- Add peas and cook covered 7-8 minutes longer or until noodles and peas are tender.
- Take off lid and gently stir in sour cream.
- Serve with tossed salad and bread sticks.
This was easy to make and very tasty. Would make again!
This was good -- and easy to lighten up as another suggested by using the low fat/light versions of ingredients. Also used ground turkey, as that is what I had on hand. Thanks!!
Great recipe! This was exactly what we have been looking for. I even lightened it up a bit with light sour cream, "No Yolks" noodles and low fat cream of mushroom soup...it still tasted terrific! THANK YOU!