Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simple & fast way to make hamburger gravy. It taste similar to stroganoff without being too strong.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- salt & pepper
- 2 dashes garlic powder
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- Place the beef in a large skillet, sprinkle with salt, pepper, & garlic powder. Brown until no longer pink then drain any excess grease.
- Add the milk & bouillon, stir until it has melted. Next add in the soup, sour cream, & spices stir until blended.
- Heat over medium heat until hot. Serve over mashed potatoes.
I didn't have onion powder so I used dried minced onion. I also added a can of canned mushrooms for a little more mushroom flavor. and served over rice. Delish! My son the picky eater really approved. Will definitely make this again.
Quick and easy to make. Followed the recipe exactly as written and my family liked it. I served it over egg noodles and with a side of carrots. Nice weeknight meal.
Really yummy! I opted to use meatballs from Kittencal's Italian Melt-In-Your-Mouth Meatballs #69173 that I had frozen. I mixed the other ingredients and cooked in my crock pot on low for 4 hours. Also added baby red potatoes and carrots. Delicious! Thanks for a wonderful easy meal! Made for 1.2.3 Hits