Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
From The Great Big Burger Book
Make and share this Guinness Pub Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl, gently mix the beef, beer, mustard, ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper together.
- Form mixture into 4 patties, each ¾ inch thick.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over med-high heat; cook the burgers 3-5 minutes per side for medium or until desired doneness.
- Remove patties from skillet; add in the scallions; cook 1-2 minutes, stirring, until just wilted.
- Serve patties on toasted sesame seed buns with some pan sauce on top.
This is a great recipe & is super-easy to make. My boyfriend & I love Guinness, & when I saw this recipe (months ago) & tried it for the first time, we knew it was a keeper. The burgers do not have a Guinness-y taste, but they do have a wonderful flavor that I think is owed, in part, to the Guinness. BF & I have made these several times. Just made them again the other night for dinner at BF's parents' house, & everyone loved them. BF took the liberty of adding a little extra Guinness to the burgers while they were cooking (on the grill this time, instead of in the pan). They were excellent as usual. Thanks so much for posting! :)
I Love these burgers. I cant drink Guninness stout cause I cant stand the taste of it, but WOW it's great in these burgers! I have made the burgers twice so far following your recipe to the letter. Thanks for the recipe!
I've been slowly working my way through the recipes you have posted here and trying out different ones, I've yet to come across a meal I haven't enjoyed ( or my kids for that matter ) and this one is no different. My son loved the texture and flavour, making sure to give me all the help in the kitchen I could stand, by making sure I followed you directions to the letter , lol. My daughter also enjoyed it, even if she was initially put off by seeing some of the ingredients used. Thanks for sharing another awesome meal idea!!