Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From The Great Big Burger Book
Top Review by FattyFat
This is a great recipe & is super-easy to make. My boyfriend & I love Guinness, & when I saw this recipe (months ago) & tried it for the first time, we knew it was a keeper. The burgers do not have a Guinness-y taste, but they do have a wonderful flavor that I think is owed, in part, to the Guinness. BF & I have made these several times. Just made them again the other night for dinner at BF's parents' house, & everyone loved them. BF took the liberty of adding a little extra Guinness to the burgers while they were cooking (on the grill this time, instead of in the pan). They were excellent as usual. Thanks so much for posting! :)
- 1 lb ground round
- 1⁄4 cup Guinness stout
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup minced scallion
- 4 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, gently mix the beef, beer, mustard, ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper together.
- Form mixture into 4 patties, each ¾ inch thick.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over med-high heat; cook the burgers 3-5 minutes per side for medium or until desired doneness.
- Remove patties from skillet; add in the scallions; cook 1-2 minutes, stirring, until just wilted.
- Serve patties on toasted sesame seed buns with some pan sauce on top.