Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Really! You CAN grow donuts!! This recipe was sent home by my son's K teacher. All my kids loved it! *The Kindy kids colored a picture of doughnuts growing on a tree - the teacher then made a little seed package by stapling the coloring to another paper; she then put some cereal inside (aka Doughnut Seeds) - so cute!
- 12 pieces Fruit Loops cereal or 12 pieces other cold cereal
- 1 tablespoon water or 1 tablespoon milk
- candy sprinkles (optional)
- 12 fresh doughnuts
- Before bed, have the kids place the cereal on a cookie sheet or tray; then sprinkle with milk or water.
- Place the tray in a cold oven overnight; tell the kids that if they stay in bed and sleep well then the cereal will magically grow into donuts by morning ;) .
- Very early the next morning drive to the bakery and buy a dozen freshly baked donuts; this is the price you pay for having kids that stayed in bed all night.
- Replace the cold cereal with the donuts and carefully destroy and hide the box or bag!
- Wait for your little darlings to wake up and discover the magic donuts in the oven.
- By the way, chocolate milk or sprinkles makes chocolate iced donuts; water makes glazed; regular milk makes cream filled; and colored sprinkles makes - colored sprinkle covered donuts!
isn't that kind of untruthful?
We will be preparing these for Santa/Christmas morning this year!