Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy to make and tastes great and a little different from your ordinary grilled cheese!
- 8 French bread, slices cut 1/2 inches thick
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 8 slices jarlsberg cheese or 8 slices swiss cheese, 1 oz. each
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 12 slices cooked bacon
- Spread 1 side of bread slices with butter; turn 4 slices buttered side down, and top each with a cheese slice. Layer evenly with tomato, basil, bacon, and remaining cheese slices; top with remaining bread slices, buttered side up.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat until hot; cook sandwiches, 2 at a time, until golden, turning once.
Wow! The flavor is phenomenal! I used ciabatta bread and asiago cheese, smoked bacon and I left out the butter/margarine. Also, I toasted the bread with the cheese instead of grilling it. Simply delicious!
This is one of the BEST tasting cheese sandwiches you'll ever have! :)
ive made these its really tgood thanks for posting