Recipe by Baz
A Jamie Oliver recipe. This is a great combination and the way we have asparagus most often. It is so easy and delicious.
- 500 g asparagus (about 20 spears, or enough for four people)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 2⁄3 cup fresh parmesan cheese (grated or shaved)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large griddle pan, remove the hard ends from the asparagus and dry griddle on both sides until nicely marked (about 5 minutes).
- As soon as they're ready, put them on the plates and dress with a good squeeze of lemon juice and about twice as much olive oil. (The quantities listed in the ingredients above are really rough as you just need to dress this dish to your own taste.).
- Season with salt & pepper to taste and then add freshly shaved or grated parmesan cheese.