1/1 Photo of Green Kale With Raisins & Toasted Pine Nuts
Nice combination of kale, raisins & pine nuts. I sometimes add a hint of cinnamon. Loaded with iron.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To toast the pine nuts place them on a cookie sheet in a 325°F oven for about 5 minutes, be careful they burn easily.
- 2Bring water to boil in a skillet with a tight fitting lid, add kale and cook for approximately 5 minutes of until the kale is just tender, drain& set aside.
- 3Rinse out the skillet, dry, add olive oil and heat over medium heat, add garlic and saute for 30 seconds, add raisins and stir for about 30 seconds.
- 4The raisins should be glossy and slightly puffed.
- 5Add kale, stir, season and saute until heated through.
- 6Garnish with the pine nuts and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Kale With Raisins & Toasted Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.7
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 84.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 9.0 g