Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nice combination of kale, raisins & pine nuts. I sometimes add a hint of cinnamon. Loaded with iron.
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3⁄4 lb green kale, washed, stems removed, and shredded
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- salt & pepper
- To toast the pine nuts place them on a cookie sheet in a 325°F oven for about 5 minutes, be careful they burn easily.
- Bring water to boil in a skillet with a tight fitting lid, add kale and cook for approximately 5 minutes of until the kale is just tender, drain& set aside.
- Rinse out the skillet, dry, add olive oil and heat over medium heat, add garlic and saute for 30 seconds, add raisins and stir for about 30 seconds.
- The raisins should be glossy and slightly puffed.
- Add kale, stir, season and saute until heated through.
- Garnish with the pine nuts and serve.
Kale and Apple Salad Ingredients 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil Kosher salt 1 bunch kale, ribs removed, leaves very thinly sliced 1/4 cup dates 1 Honeycrisp apple 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted 1 ounce pecorino, finely grated (1/4 cup) Freshly ground black pepper Directions Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add the kale, toss to coat and let stand 10 minutes. While the kale stands, cut the dates into thin slivers and the apple into thin matchsticks. Add the dates, apples, almonds and cheese to the kale. Season with salt and pepper and toss well.
This is the best Kale recipe I've tried. I have used roasted almonds and regular raisins in a pinch and it's been delicious that way as well but this THE BEST!
Really enjoyed this recipe. Simple to prepare. Keeper for sure. :)