Recipe by AZRoxy63
My mom always made this for me growing up, and now I mkae if for my husband and kids and they LOVE it!
Top Review by jsjordan1973
this recipe is phenomenal! ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! i also added a can of green enchilada sauce and i put a few more flour tortillas. it is so good! i would suggest using a 13 by 9 pan. i used my large cake pan and still had extra so i put the rest in an 8 by 8. which i will freeze for an easy delicious precooked dinner when im in a rush! excellent recipe and it makes more than enough! LOVE IT! thanks for sharing!! Love n Blessings :) <><
- 5 -6 boiled chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 (14 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 (12 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3 (7 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 6 cups shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 10 large flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine chicken, sour cream, soup, chilies, onion, and 3 cups of the cheese in a large bowl and mix well.
- Salt and pepper the mixture to taste.
- Grease all sides of an 8x8 paking pan.
- Put a layer of tortillas in the bottom of the pan.
- Spread on a layer of the chicken mixture about 1/2 inch thick.
- Sprinkle on a thin layer of cheese.
- Repeat until pan is full ending with a good covering layer of cheese.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 more minutes or until cheese starts to brown a little.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and then serve.