Lianna Banana's Note:
This simple recipe is great for using extra green beans, and is also a great food for diabetics because it's high in protein, low in carbs and low gylcemic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Snap off stems and tips and cut green beans into 1 inch or 2 inch pieces, place in kettle with small amount of water and steam for a few minutes until just barely tender. Remove from heat. (Canned or previously cooked green beans can be substituted, but fresh tastes better.).
- 2On low heat, heat 1 TBSP olive oil in a 6 inch or larger frying pan.
- 3Beat egg.
- 4Drain beans and add to egg. Add Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic seasoning to taste (approximately 1/4 tsp).
- 5Pour mixture into heated frying pan. Cover.
- 6Cook until egg is solid and slightly golden brown on bottom.
- 7Turn pancake over. Turn heat off. Cover pan.
- 8Allow pancake to cook in retained heat for about a minute until slightly golden brown on the bottom.
- 9Serve and enjoy! (Salt to taste if necessary.).
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Bean Pancake
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.3
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 74.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Mrs. Dash tomato basil garlic seasoning