Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This simple recipe is great for using extra green beans, and is also a great food for diabetics because it's high in protein, low in carbs and low gylcemic.
- Snap off stems and tips and cut green beans into 1 inch or 2 inch pieces, place in kettle with small amount of water and steam for a few minutes until just barely tender. Remove from heat. (Canned or previously cooked green beans can be substituted, but fresh tastes better.).
- On low heat, heat 1 TBSP olive oil in a 6 inch or larger frying pan.
- Beat egg.
- Drain beans and add to egg. Add Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic seasoning to taste (approximately 1/4 tsp).
- Pour mixture into heated frying pan. Cover.
- Cook until egg is solid and slightly golden brown on bottom.
- Turn pancake over. Turn heat off. Cover pan.
- Allow pancake to cook in retained heat for about a minute until slightly golden brown on the bottom.
- Serve and enjoy! (Salt to taste if necessary.).
Thanks for this delicious recipe! Since I didn't have Mrs. Dash, I used actual tomato, basil and garlic.
Surprisingly great, Lianna Banana. I used a tomato seasoning of salt, pepper, sugar and thyme, and garnished the finished dish with Basil Pesto. Wonderful, fresh and quick supper. We'll be having this one regularly. I multiplied by 4 for the two of us.