Recipe by evelyn/athens
Rustic, golden-brown bread slices - crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside. Drizzled with great olive oil, sea salt and Mediterranean oregano. That's really the recipe right there. You'll love this.
- really good quality country bread, like a sourdough
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt or kosher salt
- dried Mediterranean oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the bread 1 inch thick; grill on the bbq or under the grill in the oven until golden and crusty outside, but still soft and chewy inside- this takes about a minute per side, but it really depends on your grill temperature; drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and oregano, to taste; enjoy!
- I haven't really put down the number of servings cause you can make as many as you like, but count on a couple of slices per person cause they're so delicious.
- Note: you can do a variation on this by rubbing a cut garlic clove on the grilled bread before adding the remaining ingredients.