Recipe by Faux Chef Lael
My friend Natalie gave me this recipe that was handed down from her Grandmother. So much more flavor (and less preservatives) than the pre-fab stuff.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chili sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 ounces water
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and ground beef until beef is browned. Drain any liquid or grease off.
- Add brown sugar and chili sauce and mix well.
- Add tomato paste, then fill the can halfway with water (about 3 ounces) and stir into mixture.
- Simmer on low heat until hot and bubbly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on buns or homemade bread with your choice of condiments. We like to melt cheese on top!