1/1 Photo of Grandma's Date Balls (X'mas Cookies)
These are by far my favorite "cookie". Rich, chewy, and will ALWAYS remind me of her.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In heavy-bottomed,lg.
- 2saucepan or pot,melt butter.
- 3Stir in brown sugar and dates.
- 4Cook til sugar is melted.
- 5Remove from heat and QUICKLY stir in egg well.
- 6Return to med.
- 7heat, stirring constantly, til boiling.
- 8Boil and stir 1 minute.
- 9Remove from heat, stir in rest of ingredients, and let cool off til easily handled.
- 10Roll into balls, about 1" or so, roll in powdered sugar to coat.
- 11Store airtight.
- 12(Can chill if desired, but serve room temp.).
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Date Balls (X'mas Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.5
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 56.1 mg
- Sodium 55.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 31.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: