Recipe by Maryland Jim
Had some wild goose breast in the freezer that I wanted to use. Found this in "The Fish and Game Cookbook" by Sylvia Bashline. It is great.
Top Review by Milette
Delicious! My family and guests were thrilled with this meal. I used left over breast partially smoked. I also added a 1/2 Tbl of minced garlic to the mushrooms and then added my homemade noodles, instead of rice. I used chicken broth instead of vegetable broth also. I will always use this recipe for any kind of stroganoff. Thank you, Maryland Jim from a Nebraska cook.
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups cooked goose meat
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- parsley sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add flour and broth, slowly. Heat, stirring constantly until broth is thickened. Add goose meat, mustard, sour cream, salt and pepper and heat until just to boiling point. Serve over rice, with a dash of paprika and parsley.