1/3 Photos of Golden Syrup Sponge Puddings
Oh these"lil bauties are great when there is a cold chill around. Talk about warming up with some great comfort food! I found this recipe in the newspaper, it suggests treacle, honey or maple syrup can be subsituted for golden syrup. Ohhhh and it also suggests, Sultana's, grated apple or powdered ginger can be added to the mix. Sit back on a cold night and enjoy these wonderful puddings in front of the fire!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to moderate.
- 2Grease small ovenproof round moulds with butter.
- 3Beat the butter and sugar together and add lemon zest, beat ingredients together until pale and creamy.
- 4Add the milk and eggs, and beat well. (The mixture may curdle at this point, do not worry). Sift in flour and fold through mixture.
- 5Combine Golden Syrup and lemon juice and divide equal amounts between the moulds. Fill each mould with batter to about 2/3 full each.
- 6Cover each mould with baking paper and tie to seal. Place the puddings in a baking dish and fill dish with water to come up half way to the sides of the moulds.
- 7Bake 40 minutes.
- 8Remove the puddings from oven and cool slightly on a rack. Remove paper and turn puddings out onto serving plates.
- 9Serve immediately with ice cream or custard.
- 10N.B. I poured some extra warmed Golden Syrup over these puddings before I added cream to serve.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Syrup Sponge Puddings
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.9
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 156.4 mg
- Sodium 261.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 35.3 g
- Protein 7.4 g