Recipe by Tisme
Oh these"lil bauties are great when there is a cold chill around. Talk about warming up with some great comfort food! I found this recipe in the newspaper, it suggests treacle, honey or maple syrup can be subsituted for golden syrup. Ohhhh and it also suggests, Sultana's, grated apple or powdered ginger can be added to the mix. Sit back on a cold night and enjoy these wonderful puddings in front of the fire!
- 175 g butter
- 175 g sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 large eggs, whiskee together
- 175 g self raising flour
- 6 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to moderate.
- Grease small ovenproof round moulds with butter.
- Beat the butter and sugar together and add lemon zest, beat ingredients together until pale and creamy.
- Add the milk and eggs, and beat well. (The mixture may curdle at this point, do not worry). Sift in flour and fold through mixture.
- Combine Golden Syrup and lemon juice and divide equal amounts between the moulds. Fill each mould with batter to about 2/3 full each.
- Cover each mould with baking paper and tie to seal. Place the puddings in a baking dish and fill dish with water to come up half way to the sides of the moulds.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Remove the puddings from oven and cool slightly on a rack. Remove paper and turn puddings out onto serving plates.
- Serve immediately with ice cream or custard.
- N.B. I poured some extra warmed Golden Syrup over these puddings before I added cream to serve.