Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've been on a quest this week for gluten-free dairy-free twinkies and after several attempts (make that 7) I seem to have come up with a good approximation of this infamous Hostess treat. http://www.elanaspantry.com/gluten-free-twinkies/
- -- -- --.
- In a large bowl, whip egg whites to stiff peaks, then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whip egg yolks until pale yellow, then whip in grapeseed oil and agave.
- Whip vanilla and lemon juice into egg yolk mixture.
- In a medium bowl combine coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- Blend flour mixture into egg yolk mixture, then whip ingredients together until smooth.
- Gently fold egg whites into yolk-flour mixture.
- Spoon batter into Twinkie molds until they are half full (you will get 8 twinkies).
- Bake at 350° for 11-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow Twinkies to cool.
- -- -- --.
- Whip egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Blend in agave and re-whip until stiff peaks form again.
- Place filling in Twinkie filling injector.
- Place cooled Twinkie flat side up and inject filling into Twinkie in 3 spots on its flat (bottom) side.
my sister loves Twinkies, and i will make these for her