These are great for those on gluten-free or sugar-free diets. Agave nectar can be consumed by some diabetics so consult physician.
- 2⁄3 cup soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1⁄3 cup almond meal
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup non-dairy powdered milk
- Preheat oven to 325°F; line muffin pan with 9 Liners and fill 3 remaining muffin cups with a little bit of water.
- Mix together soy milk, canola oil, vanilla and almond extract and agave nectar.
- Add flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt one by one and mix for 1-2 minutes. Mixture will be thin.
- Fill 9 muffin cups approximately 2/3 full. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes until toothpick inserted into center of cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 1 hour to allow agave to set.
- Mix together margarine, agave, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add cocoa powder (sift if necessary).
- Add powdered soy milk.
- If mixture is too watery, add more powdered soy milk. If too thick, add more agave until desired consistency is reached.
- Frost cupcakes and enjoy!