Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I made some adjustments to the recipe my mom uses (Cheesy Potatoes W/ Corn Flakes) to make it gluten free (and to make a smaller amount). The recipe below is what I ended up doing and it worked pretty well. I definitely welcome any feedback! Also, when I calculated my own nutritional facts I figured 1/4th of the recipe to be the following: 307 calories, 17 fat, 26 carbs, 14 protein, 2 fiber, & 393 sodium.
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen hash browns, partially defrosted (shredded or cubed)
- 1 (6 ounce) containerplain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or whatever you have handy)
- 2 tablespoons cream of chicken soup mix (Healthy Substitute for Cream of Chicken Soup)
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 2⁄3 tablespoons diced onions
- 2 2⁄3 tablespoons butter or 2 2⁄3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup Corn Chex or 1 cup Rice Chex
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- Place hashbrowns in 1qt bakeware while preheating oven to 350'.
- Heat & stir up the cream of chicken soup mix and the water until it is thick, then pour onto hashbrowns.
- Melt 2 TBS & 2 tsp butter and saute the onions, then pour onto the hashbrowns.
- Put the yogurt and cheese onto the hashbrowns.
- Stir the hashbrowns and other ingredients you poured onto it until they are mixed together.
- Melt the remaining 1.5 TBS of butter and mix in 1 cup of chex cereal (you do not want this too soggy, so it may actually be a little more than 1 cup).
- Top your hashbrown mixture with your cereal topping.
- bake covered for 35 minutes.
Cream of chicken soup, unfortunately, isn't gluten free. So I couldn't try this.