Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very simple way to liven up your everyday meatloaf - my kids especially enjoy it!! I don't use measurements for this recipe so some adjustments may need to be made.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl, mix first 5 ingredients together. (You may to use more bread crumbs to get the desired texture - the mixture should not be runny at all and should easily form into a loaf.).
- Place mixture into a 13x9-inch pan and form into a loaf.
- Cover the loaf with a THIN layer of ketchup and sprinkle desired amount of brown sugar on top of ketchup (we like our crust sweeter so we use more brown sugar).
- Bake the loaf at 375 degrees for one hour.
I mixed this up the night before which made the flavors really meld. I didn't add the sugar to the glaze but we still really liked it.
Very similar to my DMIL's meatloaf recipe that DH enjoys. Easy to make with a lot of flavor and DH enjoyed this one too. Will make this meatloaf again! Made and reviewed for the Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game.
We loved this meatloaf. I ordinarily don't use any kind of ketchup in my meatloaf but decided to give this a try. So glad I did. Loved the ketchup and brown sugar glaze. The seasoning in this loaf was perfect. Easy to slice and very satisfying. I'll make this again. Thanks Made for PAC Fall 2007