Recipe by AZPARZYCH
I received this recipe in an email from Food Now. I love cheese cake and this sounds like it would be just rich enough to satisfy any sweet tooth. *Cooking time does not include chilling time overnight*
Top Review by Annacia
This is a treat, no doubt about that. It turned out ever so smooth, creamy and moist that it was almost like eating a cloud. The single thing that my rating at 4 was that I found the spicing to be milder than I, personally would have preferred. That said the amount of spice added to anything is a very personal thing. I made this in a 2 serving amount as a trial for the upcoming holidays and It will absolutely be back. For the holidays I'll most certainly use the rum whipped cream that I skipped this time for calories sake. That will really be the gilding on the lilly. :D
- 2 cups finely ground gingersnaps
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- Combine all crust ingredients in medium bowl.
- Press into bottom and halfway up sides of 9-inch springform pan.
- Wrap outside of pan with piece of heavy-duty foil.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Process cream cheese, brown sugar and 1/2 cup sugar in food processor 30 seconds or until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs one at time, processing after each addition.
- Add all remaining filling ingredients; pulse to combine.
- Pour into crust
- Place pan in large baking or broiler pan.
- Add enough hot water to baking pan to come halfway up sides of springform pan.
- Bake 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 25 minutes or until edges are puffed and top is dry to the touch.
- Center should move slightly when pan is tapped but should not ripple as if liquid.
- Remove cake from water bath; remove foil.
- Cool on wire rack 1 hour.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, overnight.
- Beat whipping cream and powdered sugar in large bowl at medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
- Beat in rum until firm but not stiff peaks form.
- Spread over top of cake.