Recipe by twinsplusonemom
One of my kids favorites! It's easy to make ahead, or on the spot because I always keep the ingredients on hand. Make sure to use the bottled chopped ginger you can find in the produce section near the bottled chopped garlic.
Top Review by Queen Dana
This was delicious. Very sweet with just a little spice from the ginger. When I make again I might do half chicken stock and juice and a some dried chilis. The sauce had a great consistency like the sauce in general tso's chicken.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken breasts (cut into chunks or tenders)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups fruit juice (orange, apple, pineapple, or a combo)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Shake chicken in flour in closed ziplock. Heat oil in non-stick skillet over med-high. Cook chicken 3-4 minutes, until lightly brown, but still slightly pink inside.
- Meanwhile, mix rest of ingredients in large glass measuring cup. Microwave 1-2 minutes, then whisk to incorporate honey into juice.
- Pour over chicken. Cook, stirring 3-4 minutes until sauce thickens slightly. (If too thick, add 1/4 cup water or juice.)
- Serve over rice.