Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of my kids favorites! It's easy to make ahead, or on the spot because I always keep the ingredients on hand. Make sure to use the bottled chopped ginger you can find in the produce section near the bottled chopped garlic.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken breasts (cut into chunks or tenders)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups fruit juice (orange, apple, pineapple, or a combo)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- Shake chicken in flour in closed ziplock. Heat oil in non-stick skillet over med-high. Cook chicken 3-4 minutes, until lightly brown, but still slightly pink inside.
- Meanwhile, mix rest of ingredients in large glass measuring cup. Microwave 1-2 minutes, then whisk to incorporate honey into juice.
- Pour over chicken. Cook, stirring 3-4 minutes until sauce thickens slightly. (If too thick, add 1/4 cup water or juice.)
- Serve over rice.
This was delicious. Very sweet with just a little spice from the ginger. When I make again I might do half chicken stock and juice and a some dried chilis. The sauce had a great consistency like the sauce in general tso's chicken.