Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe comes from a Grilling magazine. My husband is the beer drinker and thinks this looks interesting. We haven't tried it yet. The cooking time is the time to chill the glasses.
- lemon slice
- finely chopped candied ginger, slices
- 3 tablespoons candied ginger
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 (12 ounce) cans lager beer or 5 (12 ounce) cans pilsner beer, chilled
- 4 cups ginger ale, chilled
- Freeze eight 16-oz beer glasses or beer mugs for at least 2 hours.
- Rub rims of glasses or mugs with lemon slices and dip rims into finely chopped candied ginger.
- In a large pitcher combine 3 Tbsp candied ginger and lemon juice.
- Muddle together with a wooden spoon or muddler.
- Pour in beer and ginger ale.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Serve in frosted glasses or mugs.
- Garnish with additional lemon slices, if desired.