1/1 Photo of Gehaktballen: Dutch meatballs
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the meat with the egg, bread, onion, salt and spices and form 4-5 meatballs.
- 2Chill for about 30 minutes.
- 3Make into 4-6 meatballs.
- 4Heat the butter and brown the meatballs for about 15 minutes, turning them a couple of times.
- 5Reduce the heat to simmer and cook the meatballs for another 15 minutes, turning a few times.
- 6Remove the meatballs, add the water or beef stock and bring to a high heat. Add a little ketjap manis or Maggi seasoning to the mixture and you will have a lovely gravy to serve with the meatballs.
- 7NOTES : Some people coat the meatballs with breadcrumbs before frying.
- 8We soak the bread in a bit of milk, and then press out the milk from the bread before adding to the ground beef.
- 9We almost always use just the ground beef, and it is very good.
- 10This is good served with homefries and lots of mayonnaise.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gehaktballen: Dutch meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.7
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 105.1 mg
- Sodium 1067.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 13.8 g