Recipe by Jennygal
very simple, quick, and delicious.
Top Review by Melvin'sWifey
This was great! I made a few changes. I was only using 2 breasts as I was using this chicken to put in a Pot Pie #42877. I used a sliced red chili pepper instead of carrots. I added green onions and added olive oil and spicy brown mustard to the mayo/basil mix. I used minced fresh garlic and added some seasoning salt along with the pepper. I cooked mine in the foil packets for 40 minutes and it was delicious chopped up in the pot pie. Loved the basil flavor and would never use dried basil in this recipe.
- heavy duty aluminum foil
- 1 cup matchstick carrot
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil (1 tbsp dried)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut 4 12x12 sheets of foil.
- Place carrots and onion in centre of foil square.
- Place chicken on top of vegetables.
- Combine basil, mayonnaise, garlic and pepper and spread on chicken.
- Fold foil over chicken and seal.
- Place on baking sheet and bake 25-30 minutes or done.