Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
very simple, quick, and delicious.
- heavy duty aluminum foil
- 1 cup matchstick carrot
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil (1 tbsp dried)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut 4 12x12 sheets of foil.
- Place carrots and onion in centre of foil square.
- Place chicken on top of vegetables.
- Combine basil, mayonnaise, garlic and pepper and spread on chicken.
- Fold foil over chicken and seal.
- Place on baking sheet and bake 25-30 minutes or done.
This was great! I made a few changes. I was only using 2 breasts as I was using this chicken to put in a Pot Pie #42877. I used a sliced red chili pepper instead of carrots. I added green onions and added olive oil and spicy brown mustard to the mayo/basil mix. I used minced fresh garlic and added some seasoning salt along with the pepper. I cooked mine in the foil packets for 40 minutes and it was delicious chopped up in the pot pie. Loved the basil flavor and would never use dried basil in this recipe.
My husband and I thought this was just ok. The mayonnaise created a greasy sauce in the bottom. This might be better using fresh basil, the dried just didn't give it a lot of flavor and the garlic didn't either, surprisingly.
Maybe I did something wrong, but I made this last night and my fiance and I were disappointed. They were very bland. I mean they were ok, just not very exciting.