Prep 2 hrs
Cook 24 mins
This is my favourite breadmachine recipe. It is so moist and flavourful. Although it is not a high rising bread, it makes great flat italian sandwiches. It is also good warm, served with butter and soup. You can use all white flour if desired, but for best results, follow the recipe. Prep time includes machine's time (your machine may vary)
- Crush two of the garlic cloves and place it in your breadmachine pan along with the flours, milk, salt, water, 3 tbsp.
- Olive oil, honey, and yeast (according to your machine's instructions, some call for liquid ingredients first, other call for dry first) Place the bread pan inside the machine and close the lid.
- (I add some of the basil and rosemary at this point as well) Program bread maker for the whole wheat dough mode Turn dough onto floured surface (it is quite sticky, don't add more flour) Divide dough into two pieces and cover and let rest 10 minutes+.
- Crush the remaining garlic.
- In a small bowl combine garlic with herbs and remaining 1/4 cup oil.
- Add salt if desired.
- Oil two round cake pans.
- Place in dough.
- Brush dough with garlic oil.
- Bake in bottom third of preheated 400 oven for 18-24 minutes.
- Until golden brown.
Great recipe - best Focaccia I've ever had. I didn't have dry milk so I used 1/4 milk and 1 cup water. Also added some thyme and oregano fresh from of the garden. The bread is very light & flaky and full of flavor.
I followed the recipe, but it has two cups of whole wheat flour, making it taste heavily like a whole wheat bread, couldnt figure out what was wrong, there was such great reviews for this one. I put some jalepenos and cheddar cheese on the top, it made it taste yummy, but dont think I will try this one again..
I made this bread to serve at a BBQ gathering and it was a big hit. Everybody loved it. The only thing I did differently was to press it out into one round on a large cookie sheet to bake.
Update: This recipe has become a family favourite. Thanks so much for posting it!