Recipe by Barb G.
Garlic and chicken what could be better, The cloves of garlic are really good to eat also. They really don't over power the chicken. Recipe comes from Better Homes & Garden Magazine
- 2 lbs meaty chicken, such as breast & thighs
- 25 cloves garlic (about 1/2 cup or 2 to 3 bulbs)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray coating.
- preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and brown for 10 minutes, turning to brown evenly.
- Place chicken in an 8-inch square glass baking dish.
- Add unpeeled garlic cloves.
- In a small bowl combine wine and lemon juice; pour over chicken.
- Lightly sprinkle chicken with salt and ground red pepper.
- Bake, covered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until chicken is tender.