Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Garlic and chicken what could be better, The cloves of garlic are really good to eat also. They really don't over power the chicken. Recipe comes from Better Homes & Garden Magazine
- 2 lbs meaty chicken, such as breast & thighs
- 25 cloves garlic (about 1/2 cup or 2 to 3 bulbs)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray coating.
- preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and brown for 10 minutes, turning to brown evenly.
- Place chicken in an 8-inch square glass baking dish.
- Add unpeeled garlic cloves.
- In a small bowl combine wine and lemon juice; pour over chicken.
- Lightly sprinkle chicken with salt and ground red pepper.
- Bake, covered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until chicken is tender.
LOVE garlic! This was excellent! I basted the chicken throughout baking. I ate some of the garlic cloves, and now my DH won't come near me!
I am not going to rate this because I did have to substitute broth for the wine since I don't use wine at all. I'm not sure if this was the reason, but I probably won't make again. The chicken lacked flavor, except the red pepper. It was plenty tender, just no garlic flavor or anything else to speak of.