3 hrs 45 mins
Christine MT's Note:
I received this recipe in an email news letter I get. I've made this a few times and we really like it. It's worth the time it takes to prepare!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (29 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (I used the seasoned ones)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1In large saucepan, saute chicken, onion, and garlic in butter until chicken is cooked through.
- 2Stir in next 8 ingredients.
- 3Bring to a low boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.
- 4Boil lasagna noodles"al dente" according to package directions.
- 5Drain and run under cold water until cool enough to handle.
- 6Spread about 1/2 cup sauce in a 9x13-inch pan.
- 7Top with three lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the sauce, 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese, 1/3 of the cheddar cheese and 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese.
- 8Repeat layers two more times, ending with parmesan cheese.
- 9Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- 10Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- 11Let lasagna stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Chicken Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 570.6
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 124.8 mg
- Sodium 1324.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 39.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning