Recipe by Christine MT
I received this recipe in an email news letter I get. I've made this a few times and we really like it. It's worth the time it takes to prepare!
Top Review by SkyGlitter
This is superb - the aroma of the sauce is SO good while it's simmering! I followed the directions exactly except for substituting diced tomatoes for crushed and I ground the chicken in my food processor with a few pulses. Very yummy and something I will be repeating again soon!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (29 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (I used the seasoned ones)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, saute chicken, onion, and garlic in butter until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in next 8 ingredients.
- Bring to a low boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.
- Boil lasagna noodles"al dente" according to package directions.
- Drain and run under cold water until cool enough to handle.
- Spread about 1/2 cup sauce in a 9x13-inch pan.
- Top with three lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the sauce, 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese, 1/3 of the cheddar cheese and 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat layers two more times, ending with parmesan cheese.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Let lasagna stand for 15 minutes before cutting.