Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
From Taste of Home Quick & Easy Recipes, this bread is great with pasta dishes or as a snack!
Make and share this Garlic Cheese Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded, 4 oz
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chives, minced
- 2 teaspoons parsley, minced
- 1 loaf French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, 4 oz
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; spread over the cut sides of the bread. Sprinkle with mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cut into slices. Serve.
What a treat! Although we love garlic bread I rarely make it, so when I do, yum yum!!!! this is just luscious, all those cheeses!!!! Sheer indulgence, thank you, breezer, very much enjoyed for Consideration Tag Game!!
This bread is AWESOME! Tastes great and was well enjoyed by all in my family. I used monteray jack and white cheddar. I didn't have any chives, therefore left it out. Delicious and a true keeper that I will make again and again. Thank you breezermom for a WINNER!
I'm rating this just from tasting... and it tasted fantastic! Hubby was grilling on our "Traeger Grill", so I opted to let him have his way with this recipe to throw on there, also. (As far as I know, no ingredients were changed, only baking/broiling instructions differed). Either way, it worked beautifully (I'm just not sure how he did it). Thanks for posting. A definite keeper. (Made for PRMR)