Recipe by Enjolinfam
Terrific vegetarian chicken noodle soup substitute! Growing up I always loved chicken noodle soup and missed it since becoming a vegetarian. I adapted this recipe from a friend that got it from another friend and so on. My kids love it, especially if I top it with their favorite goldfish crackers.
Top Review by mrsguti
The hubbie and I very much enjoyed this recipe. I like that this recipe is sooo versatile, able to go with typical everyday household ingred. almost any veggie can be added to this, even kielabasa if wanting the addition of a meat. We def. will continue to play around with this recipe. Thanks a lot for posting
- 6 cups water (depending on how soupy you want it you can add a cup or two more)
- 4 cups garbanzo beans, cooked
- 250 g pasta noodles (use your favorite)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian poultry seasoning (add more if you add more water, my favorite is McKays chicken seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 0.5 (10 7/8 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of celery soup
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring everything except noodles and cream of celery soup to a boil.
- Drop noodles into this boiling mixture.
- Let it simmer 15 to 25 minutes (my stove doesn't simmer the way it should, so I'm not sure the exact "normal" time)until the noodles are cooked through. Stir occansionally during this time.
- Turn off the stove and stir in 1/2 of the 10 3/4oz can of cream of celery soup.
- Salt to taste and enjoy!