Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from my MIL. It is a nice dessert for a bridal or baby shower. Freezing times vary, so plan ahead of time.
- 1 package frozen raspberries
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream, whipped (You can also use cool whip)
- 1 cup crushed pretzels or 1 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare crust first.
- Mix all ingredients and spread into a 9x13 inch pan.
- Put in oven for 15 minutes (STIRRING every 5 minutes).
- Prepare filling.
- Break up frozen raspberries and then add egg whites, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Beat until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Whip 1/2 pint whipping cream on the side and fold into raspberry mixture.
- Remove 1/3 of crust mixture and set aside.
- Pour raspberry mixture over crust and sprinkle remaining crust over the top.
- Freeze overnight.
- Take out of freezer a few minutes before serving in order to let it thaw a bit.
LOVE THIS!! This is a superb way to have a rich and delicious dessert! I love it! Thanks for posting! ;)
A unique and delicious dessert! The crust was my favorite part. I used 8 oz. cool whip for the whipped cream-I suggest reducing the amount of sugar when using sweetened cool whip. This was really easy to make; my 7 year old son made the raspberry layer. The hardest part was waiting till the next day to eat it! Great recipe-I will use this a lot this summer. Thanks!