Recipe by looneytunesfan
I like to serve this combination of fruit, Jell-O and cream cheese as a salad with a main dish or as a light refreshing dessert.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages raspberry gelatin powder
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 -4 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a measuring cup. Add enough water to the juice to measure 1 cup; stir into gelatin mixture. Stir in pineapple and blueberries. Place bananas in a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. dish. Pour gelatin mixture over bananas. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth. Spread over gelatin. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with walnuts.