Recipe by Bergy
This is so simple and so tasty. Leftovers (if there are any) make a great sandwich. Try mixing cumin and garlic for the spice.
Top Review by yogi
The nutritional yeast gives the tofu a bit of a cheesy flavor, which was so good! I usually don't like tofu unless mixed into a soup or casserole, but this is REALLY good. I also liked the texture of the tofu fried. I cut the recipe in half, so didn't have leftovers. Wish I did. Can't wait to make a tofu sandwich like you suggest, Bergy!
- 1 (350 g) package extra firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons tamari or 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Red Star nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon seasoning (EG Tony Chachere's, Mrs Dash or mix your own combination)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, to lightly grease a skillet (or other veggie oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a non-stick pan with oil.
- Put tamari (soy sauce) in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix yeast and spices.
- Slice tofu into 1/4-inch slices.
- Dip tofu in the tamari and then in the yeast mixture.
- Fry until golden; flip and brown the other side.
- Add a bit of oil if necessary.