Recipe by Abby Girl
Strictly for the Bath Goddess. This recipe softens and nourishes tired, dried out skin. Indulge in pure luxury, especially when using essential oils. To get the maximum benefit, shower and exfoliate before using, then soak for 20 minutes. Devine!!!
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (or any oil available)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered milk
- 2 cups whole milk (or whipping cream)
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup kelp (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup epsom salts (optional)
- essential oil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients into a container with a tight fitting lid. Shake well before using. Use the mixture up within 2 weeks. Discard if it smells "off". Make sure that the oil used has a clean smell and not have gone rancid.
- What each ingredient will do: Milk is very nourishing to the skin. Vinegar helps restore the pH balance in the skin. Epsom salts help detox the system. Kelp (or seaweed) is very good for detox, but has a very distinctive smell, so you might want to use caution if using
- To use: Use approx 1 cup per bath. Essentials oils make a heavenly bath (8 - 10 drops per bath). If you don't have an ingredient, just leave it out. The ingredients are all inter-changeable. Use what you have in the fridge, eg: sour cream, fruit juices, tomato juice -- what ever your fancy!
- Essential oils can be found in any large supermarkets or health food stores. Scent Options:
- - equal amounts of Lavender and Orange
- - equal amounts of Sandalwood and Patchouli.
- - equal amounts of sandalwood, orange, geranium.