Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This salad is fresh, light, and goes with everything. Be sure to use fresh sweet corn when making it, the sweeter the better. If you make it the day before serving, flavors will have a chance to blend. This keeps for several days in the fridge. Cook time is minimum chill time.
- 6 ear fresh sweet corn
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 6 green onions, finely sliced (scallions)
- 29.58 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 78.07 ml rice vinegar, seasoned with basil and oregano (I use Nakano brand)
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Remove husk from corn and steam in salted water until tender.
- Drain corn and cut from cob.
- In a large bowl, mix corn, red and orange peppers, scallions, cilantro, and parsley.
- Add vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
This has a nice clean taste and very easy to make. It was a bit on the bland side for me. This could be me though. I used garden corn that I had stored in the freezer from last season. Since the corn was blanched before freezing, I did not cook it again.
Had this with dinner tonight - it was wonderful, very refreshing, with a bit of a zing. DH loved it and he real fond of cor. The only thing I changed was that I cut corn kernals from corn first, microwaved & drained them, then continued to make the recipe as directed. I'll definately being making this again soon.