Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
BBCGoodFood.com - a very exciting web site! It is just delightful! It is a web site that was recommended to me by French Tart. Thank you French Tart. This is delicious and I loved it thoroughly!
- 1⁄3 lb tiny new potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb fresh Baby Spinach
- 9 5⁄8 ounces cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ounces fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 10 anchovies packed in oil, rinsed & drained
- 1 (9 inch) pie pastry
- Preheat the oven to 355ºF.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 6 minutes, drain and cool under the cold tap and thinly slice.
- Pierce the bag of spinach and microwave for 2.5 minutes (or wilt in a pan with 2 tbsp water).
- When cool enough to handle, squeeze out the excess moisture and finely chop.
- Beat the cream, eggs and 2oz cheese together in a large bowl.
- Chop half the anchovies and add to the bowl with the potatoes, spinach and plenty of black pepper.
- Pour into the pastry tart (don't worry if it looks quite rough as this will add to the appearance later) and top with the whole anchovies and the remaining 2 tbsp of parmesan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the mixture is set and the filling is just starting to turn golden.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing from the pan.
- Serve warm or cold with a tomato and basil salad, or on its own as a starter.
I really liked it. My husband said the anchovies were too strong, but he cleaned his plate. If you love anchovies, you'll love this.