Recipe by Choppin_Broccoli
Like many casseroles, you can prepare this one ahead and keep in the freezer for another day, or bake for supper tonight. I first found the recipe in the book "Once-A-Month Cooking".
- 10 ounces frozen broccoli florets
- 4 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch grated black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw broccoli flowerets and spread in a prepared 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Mix chicken, soup, mayonnaise, drained mushrooms, curry powder, pepper and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Spread the chicken mixture over the broccoli, and cover with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- If freezing for future use, cover with foil and freeze.
- To bake after freezing, omit the last 1/4 cup of Parmesan until later.
- Remove from freezer and bake in a 350 degree oven, covered with foil, for 40 minutes, then take off foil and stir it so the whole casserole gets hot.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese on top and bake 20 minutes longer.