Recipe by Happy Harry #2
This will light up any Fourth of July, day or night! So nice and light after all that BBQ. Cooking time is really chilling time.
Top Review by Griffin_1012
This was a wonderfully, light ending to our 4th of July BBQ! Everyone raved inbetween mouthfuls. Very simple to put together with clear directions. I do have to say that for convenience factors, I did use cool whip. This will be made again, next time though I might try orange jello with manderine orange slices. Everyone at the BBQ says thank you for sharing!
- 6 ounces jello strawberry gelatin
- 6 ounces jello berry blue gelatin mix
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- 4 cups angel food cake, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice 1/2 cup strawberries. Halve 1/2 cup blueberries,leaving very small ones whole. Keep both berries in different bowls and set aside.
- Slice rest of strawberries.
- Divide boiling water, placing two cups in two bowls. Dissolve each flavor of gelatin in the separate bowls. Stir about 2 minutes. Stir in one cup cold water into each bowl.
- Pour strawberry gelatin into 13x9 inch pan and do the same with the berry blue gelatin. Refrigerate both pans for one hour. Remove gelatins from refrigerator. Mix strawberries in with like gelatin. Do the same with the blueberries. Return both to refrigerator until set and firm, about 2 hours.
- Whip heavy cream, sugar and vanilla using very cold beaters and bowl. Refrigerate.
- Cube both gelatins.
- Put berry blue on bottom of trifle bowl or 31/2 quart clear glass bowl.
- Place rest of blueberries over gelatin.
- Next add all the cake evenly.
- Add 2/3rds of cream sealing edges.
- Strawberry gelatin is next. Followed by fresh strawberries.
- Place 1/3 cream nicely on top.
- Refrigerate several hours and serve.