Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Prepare these cute clover leaf cubes that are made with soda so they won't dilute your beverage or punch. They can be made in advance and frozen till needed. This is from tasteofhome.com test kitchen.
- 16 ounces carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 12 lime slices, whole round and cut into quarters
- 12 pieces lime peel, a half inch long
- Pour soda equally into 12 muffin cups 1/2 way full. Freeze until solid.
- Place four quarters of lime onto frozen soda as follows; Rotate each quarter slice clockwise until one end of outer edge touches the center. Place over frozen soda. To make stem, place one peel at one corner of the clover.
- Splash a little bit of cold water onto the clovers just enough to cover them (this helps them to freeze to the soda). Freeze until solid.
- Remove clovers and place in a ziploc freezer bag. Make as many more as needed, adding to punch bowl before serving.
5 Stars ! I used Bitter Lemon as my fizzy drink but you couldn't see though the iceblock at all, so once the limes pieces were arranged, I topped up the other side with water so that the visual effect wouldn't be lost. Although the fizzy drink was very shallow in the muffin pans, the frozen result appeared to be much thicker in size, so definiately be conservative when pouring it in. I think that the biggest surprise was simply how well the lime and bitter lemon flavours went together once they started to melt together .. and that's what earns this recipe 5 stars. Please see my rating system: 5 stars for a super easy make ahead recipe where you can have a stash of these iceblocks in the freezer and just make a dramatic looking drink in an instant when the guests arrive. I will be making this often. Thanks!