Recipe by JustJanS
I made this last night for dinner. Russ and I both really enjoyed it so I'm posting it so I can repeat it sometime soon.. We caught and smoked our own fish and caught the crabs.too.
- 200 g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 200 g sweet potatoes, peeled cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 stick celery, diced fine
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (heaped)
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 (400 g) can creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk, extra
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste I like lots)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 200 g smoked fish fillet
- 200 g prawns, cooked then peeled
- 100 g crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the regular and sweet potato until tender, mash with the milk, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat the oil over a medium heat, cook the onion until softened, stirring often, add the garlic and celery and cook a couple of minutes more.
- Add in the curry powder and flour and cook for a couple of minutes, then add in the creamed corn and extra milk, Bring to the boil, stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Add the stock powder pepper and peas and simmer a few minutes then add the seafood and pasley.
- Put all this in an oven proof dish and top with the mash, roughing it up with a fork.
- Bake in a moderate oven for about 30 20 minutes or until bubbling and browned on top-you might want to pop it under the griller (broiler) to fihish it off.
- We ate this with a rocket salad for a very yummy dinner.