1/2 Photos of Firecracker Salmon OAMC
Had this at my sisters and had to find the recipe on the web. Even folks who don't care for salmon love this recipe. I tweaked it a little to lower the sodium and fat. Update: I bought some frozen salmon, made the marinade, and poured into Seal-A-Meal bags with the frozen salmon, and put all in the freezer. Defrosted in the frig overnight. Yum, yum. Pulling the air out with a Seal-A-Meal or Food Saver draws the marinade deep into the fish. Also used the marinade on a very thick sirloin steak for two. Wow! Going to try it on chicken, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together all ingredients except filets in medium bowl.
- 2Place filets in a glass baking dish, cover with marinade, cover, and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- 3OR: Place filets in freezer bags (either all in one, or separately for individual servings) with marinade; if using separate bags, divide marinade equally.
- 4Place bags in freezer (remove from freezer the day before serving day and thaw in refrigerator).
- 5Prepare outdoor grill with coals about 5 inches from grate; oil or spray grate lightly.
- 6Grill 10 minutes per inch of thickness, turning halfway through cooking.
- 7NOTE: I substitute olive oil for the peanut oil, and then bake or broil the filets (olive oil does not stand up well to the intense heat of an outdoor grill).
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Firecracker Salmon OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.9
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 51.6 mg
- Sodium 745.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 24.1 g