Had this at my sisters and had to find the recipe on the web. Even folks who don't care for salmon love this recipe. I tweaked it a little to lower the sodium and fat. Update: I bought some frozen salmon, made the marinade, and poured into Seal-A-Meal bags with the frozen salmon, and put all in the freezer. Defrosted in the frig overnight. Yum, yum. Pulling the air out with a Seal-A-Meal or Food Saver draws the marinade deep into the fish. Also used the marinade on a very thick sirloin steak for two. Wow! Going to try it on chicken, too.
- Whisk together all ingredients except filets in medium bowl.
- Place filets in a glass baking dish, cover with marinade, cover, and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- OR: Place filets in freezer bags (either all in one, or separately for individual servings) with marinade; if using separate bags, divide marinade equally.
- Place bags in freezer (remove from freezer the day before serving day and thaw in refrigerator).
- Prepare outdoor grill with coals about 5 inches from grate; oil or spray grate lightly.
- Grill 10 minutes per inch of thickness, turning halfway through cooking.
- NOTE: I substitute olive oil for the peanut oil, and then bake or broil the filets (olive oil does not stand up well to the intense heat of an outdoor grill).