Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
In India, this spicy fruit salad is sold by street vendors as a refreshing snack on hot days.
- 3 lbs fresh fruit, any mixed in season peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks (should include bananas, and oranges)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, roasted and crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger (optional)
- Place fruit in a large serving bowl.
- Mix in lemon juice.
- Combine spices in a separate bowl, pour over the fruit and mix well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until well chilled, at least one hour.
This was good just a bit too fiery for our taste.We liked the blend of flavors and seasonings and I will make this again but with a bit less "fire" next time. Thank you for sharing your recipe.