Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice quick meal to enjoy when you are short on time! Goes nicely with some French bread, salad and dry white wine.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Heinz chili sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- nonstick cooking spray
- Prepare deep skillet with non-stick cooking spray, if needed; preheat pan over high heat.
- Cook chicken in skillet for 3 to 5 minutes until no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat, add tomatoes (with juice), chili sauce, bell pepper, celery, onion, garlic, basil, parsley, pepper flakes, and salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve chicken creole over steamed rice.
Quick, easy, very good. I had the fresh herbs out of the garden, wonderful flavor, with just enough bite from the red pepper flakes and chile sauce. Will make again. The color over the white rice makes for a very nice presentation. This can be a an easy meal for company.
We didn't like this AT ALL. I give it 2 stars because the directions were clear, and prep was very easy, but it was WAY too sweet. I didn't realize chili sauce was sweet, but it must be - I followed the directions exactly. Also, after simmering only 10 - 15 minutes, the veggies were still too crisp for my taste.
Easy, good, Excellent! Loved the combination of flavors with that little kick of the red pepper flakes. Family requested to make again in the future. I am sorry that the photo doesn't do the dish justice. :( Made by a member of "Cooks With Dirty Faces" For ZWT5