Recipe by Sue Lau
A nice quick meal to enjoy when you are short on time! Goes nicely with some French bread, salad and dry white wine.
Top Review by Bill Coughenour
Quick, easy, very good. I had the fresh herbs out of the garden, wonderful flavor, with just enough bite from the red pepper flakes and chile sauce. Will make again. The color over the white rice makes for a very nice presentation. This can be a an easy meal for company.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Heinz chili sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare deep skillet with non-stick cooking spray, if needed; preheat pan over high heat.
- Cook chicken in skillet for 3 to 5 minutes until no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat, add tomatoes (with juice), chili sauce, bell pepper, celery, onion, garlic, basil, parsley, pepper flakes, and salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve chicken creole over steamed rice.